We want you to enjoy every visit to Curate.co as well as every experience with Curate Application. We do collect information about you and we may share that information with third parties in certain circumstances, so please read on for more details about how we use personal information we collect about you when you use the Curate Application.
Personal Information We Collect
• mailing address;
• telephone number;
• e-mail address;
• username and password (for account administration);
• device ID, including IP address;
• geolocation (if using a mobile application and you consent to providing it);
• financial account information and other payment information (that you submit to us for order processing); and
• additional personal information necessary for the administration of certain promotional events.
When We Collect Information
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, Use Live Chat, Open a Support Ticket or enter information on our site.
Provide us with feedback on our products or services.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
We may use the Personal Information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To communicate with you by mail, telephone, e-mail, mobile alerts and SMS text messaging about Curate, including your orders or purchases, your services and accounts.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- To further our business purposes, such as to perform data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, to enhance, improve or modify the Curate Application, to identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to operate and expand our business activities.
How We May Disclose Personal Information We Collect
Your privacy is very important to us. We generally won’t disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of Curate, except in the following circumstances.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers to provide us with services such as website hosting, professional services, including information technology services and related infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services.
To Perform Services You Request
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in order to perform services you request or functions you initiate, such as when you post information and materials on message boards and forums, including on our Facebook Page. When you post information in a public forum it becomes public information. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information in order to identify you to anyone to whom you send communications through the Curate Application, including through our gifting program.
Corporate Transactions or Events
We may disclose your information to a third party in connection with a corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
Other Legal Reasons
In addition, we may use or disclose your Personal Information as we deem necessary or appropriate: (1) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (2) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (3) to comply with subpoenas and other legal processes; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; (5) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (6) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Curate, our Affiliates, you and others; and (7) to enforce our terms and conditions.
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information We Collect
Similarly, we generally use non-personal information for any purpose not prohibited by law. In particular, we may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all non-personal information, provided that such information does not personally identify you. The non-personal information we collect generally will not personally identify you or be correlated to you individually for external purposes.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your Personal Information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Unfortunately, no system or online transmission of data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and you should always take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information, including ensuring that you have up-to-date antivirus software. If you believe that your Curate account or any information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately through the Contact Us information provided below.
How To Manage Your Account Information
You can visit the account section of the Curate Application website to manage and correct any factual inaccuracies in the information we have on file about you.
Use of “Cookies”
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Because each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
See more at: http://consumercal.org/california-online-privacy-protection-act-caloppa/#sthash.0FdRbT51.dpuf
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- You can change your Personal Information by emailing us or accessing your user account.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
Curate recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of children. We will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). When a user discloses Personal Information on the Curate Application, the user is representing to us that he or she is at least thirteen (13) years of age.
When it comes to the collection of Personal Information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old. If a child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided us with personally identifiable information through the Curate Application, we ask that a parent or guardian e-mail us at admin@Curate.co, and we will delete the child’s information from our records.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles sets forth certain privacy laws in the United States and the concepts in the Fair Information Practice Principles play a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect Personal Information.
To be in line with Fair Information Practices, we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email as soon as we are notified of the breach.
- We will notify the users via in-site notification as soon as we are notified of the breach.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out penalties for violations.
- We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
See the GDPR Data Processing Addendum for more information about Curate’s policies in compliance with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation.
2024 S. Jefferson Ave
St. Louis, Missouri 63104
Last Edited on 06.04.2018